Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Pasta?


Ok, I'm on a pasta kick this week. Which is odd because it is SO hot out this week in the southeast. This is a family recipe, so I of course I think it's the best. Feel free to add extras to the sauce like peppers (which I do sometimes) or mushrooms (which I don't love).

Ingredients:
  • 1 jar store bought sauce of your choice.
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 tsp Italian seasoning blend
  • 2 dried bay leaves
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb ground beef (or Italian sausage)
Add onion to a large pot over med heat and cook till tender. Add beef, brown & drain. Return to pot.

Add Italian seasoning, garlic & bay leaves. Stir till combined.

Pour in sauce. If to wet, add a small can of tomato paste. If too dry, add small can of tomato sauce. Let simmer over low heat for as long as you can (the longer it simmers, the better it gets). I aim for at least 2 hours, but I've made it in a hurry before and it's fine. If you can, let it sit all day.

Serve over your favorite pasta. This sauce can also be frozen .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice one. I should give it a try some time, the problem is I am a moody cook.